Learn more about this research?
- You do not smoke.
- Your body weight must be more than 50 kg and your Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 18 and 32 kg/m2. The BMI shows the relation between body weight in kilograms and length in meters.
- This is a study with radioactive (14C) labeled compound.
- To determine if you are suitable to participate in this study, you will undergo a medical screening.
- For volunteers participating in Part 2 of this study: a nasoduodenal tube will be placed once during the study for a period of 10 hours. This is a thin and flexible tube that will be placed through the nose, throat, esophagus and stomach until it reaches the duodenum. The tube will be placed by a specialist (gastroenterologist) of the Martini Hospital. A bile sample will be collected at certain time points through the tube.
You will receive a gross compensation of € 2.127,- for participation in group 1 (part 1) of this study. For participation in group 2 (part 2), you will receive a gross compensation of € 2.577,-.
Travelling expenses will be reimbursed based on the distance traveled (€0,19 net per kilometer) with a minimum of €12,- and a maximum of €160,- (840 kilometers) per return, regardless of the mode of transportation.
Period of stay and research
For both parts the study consists of 1 period during which you will stay in our research facility in Groningen (location Martini) for a minimum of 6 days (5 nights) and a maximum of 16 days (15 nights).
Please note: You have to be available for all dates for the group of choice to be able to participate in this study. These are the currently planned dates; however, these may be subject to change.
- Period of stay
- 6 days
- 0 times
- € 2.127,- until € 2.577,-
Group 1 (Part 1)€ 2.127,-
6 days stay
- 5 Sep 2017 up to and including 10 Sep 2017
- 20 Sep 2017
Group 2 (Part 2)€ 2.577,-
6 days stay
- 14 Sep 2017 up to and including 19 Sep 2017
- 29 Sep 2017