Learn more about this research?
- Your body weight must be between 55 and 100 kg and your Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 18.5 and 32.0 kg/m2. The BMI shows the relation between body weight in kilograms and height in meters.
- Both non-smokers and light smokers are allowed to participate in this study; however, during your stay in the research facility, smoking is not allowed.
- This is a study with radioactive (14C) labeled compound.
- To determine if you are suitable to participate in this study, you will undergo a medical screening. The medical screening will consist of two visits. During the first visit you will be medically screened in the medical screening center of PRA in Groningen. When you fulfill all the criteria for participation, you will visit the Oogheelkundig Medisch Centrum (Ophthalmological Medical Center) in Groningen on a separate occasion for an ophthalmological examination.
You will receive a gross compensation of € 2199,- for participation in this study, including the possible extension. When the 24-hour visits are necessary, you will receive a gross compensation of €113,- for each visit.
Travelling expenses will be reimbursed based on the distance traveled (€0,19 net per kilometer) with a minimum of € 12,- and a maximum of € 160,- (840 kilometers) per return, regardless of the mode of transportation.
Period of stay and research
The study consists of 1 period during which you will stay in our research facility in Groningen (Martini site) for a minimum of 9 days (8 nights) and a maximum of 16 days (15 nights).
The day of departure depends on the amount of radioactivity that is still present in your urine and feces. When the amount of radioactivity is not below the predefined levels on the latest possible day of departure, a maximum of four 24-hour visits will follow. These possible 24-hour visits are planned on:
- 23 – 24 May 2018
- 30 – 31 May 2018
- 06 – 07 June 2018
- 13 – 14 June 2018
Please note: You have to be available for all dates for the group of choice to be able to participate in this study. These are the currently planned dates; however, these may be subject to change.
- Period of stay
- 9 days stay
- 4 times
- € 2.199,-
Group 1€ 2.199,-
9 days stay
- 2 May 2018 up to and including 10 May 2018
- 10 May 2018 up to and including 17 May 2018
- 23 May 2018 up to and including 24 May 2018
- 30 May 2018 up to and including 31 May 2018
- 6 Jun 2018 up to and including 7 Jun 2018
- 13 Jun 2018 up to and including 14 Jun 2018