Study of a new compound that is being developed for the treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Both non-smokers and social smokers are allowed to participate in this study; however, during your stay in the research facility, smoking is not allowed.
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 18 and 30 kg/m2. The BMI shows the relation between body weight in kilograms and height in meters.
- Women are only allowed to participate in this study if:
- they are using sufficient non-hormonal contraception;
- or have been postmenopausal for at least one year;
- or have been surgically sterilized.
- To determine if you are suitable to participate in this study, you will undergo a medical screening.
You will receive a gross compensation of € 3.782,- for complete participation in one of the above groups.
Travelling expenses will be reimbursed based on the distance traveled (€ 0,19 net per kilometer) with a minimum of € 12,- and a maximum of € 160,- (840 kilometers) per return, irrespective of the method of transportation.
Period of stay and research
The study consists of 2 periods. For period 1 you will stay in our research facility for 12 days (11 nights) and for period 2 you will stay for 18 days (17 nights) in our research facility in Groningen, location UMCG.
Please note: You have to be available for the entire period to participate in this study. These are the currently planned dates; however, these may be subject to change. If the dates do change you will be notified as soon as possible.
ASD is the collective term for the various forms of autism. It is a congenital and lifelong disorder in the development of social, communicative and imaginative skills
12 days en 18 days stay
- 17 Sep 2018 up to and including 28 Sep 2018
- 16 Oct 2018 up to and including 2 Nov 2018